The deadline for submitting your abstract is just 2 weeks from today…
Call for Presentations:
February 2-3, 2006,
Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, November 7, 2005
Conference webpage: www.wiscwetlands.org/2006forum.htm
Wisconsin Wetlands Association has thus chosen Biodiversity and Threats as the theme of
our 11th annual Wetland Science Forum. This two-day conference will convene
members of the wetland community in
We welcome presentations on these and other topics related to the Biodiversity & Threats theme:
· Wetland Species: Research or management projects focused on specific wetland species including plants, birds, amphibians, reptiles, mammals, invertebrates, and fish (particularly rare, threatened and endangered species)
· Wetland Communities: Research or management projects focused on specific wetland community types including marsh, swamp, fen, bog, coastal, etc.
· Wetland Wildlife: Research or management projects focused on wildlife and waterfowl
· Wetland Threats: Research or management projects on wetland alterations including degraded water quality, altered hydrology, altered species composition, habitat fragmentation, outright destruction, etc.
· Sources of Wetland Threats: Research or management projects on sources of wetland alteration, including poorly planned development/transportation/utility projects; point and nonpoint source pollution; invasive species; draining and filling; global climate change; poor agricultural and forestry practices; groundwater withdrawal, etc.
· Wetland Monitoring: Projects aimed at monitoring wetland biodiversity and/or threats to wetlands
· Wetland Policy: Research findings that could shape current or future wetland policy, as well as science-based evaluations of how well existing policies and programs (at local, state or federal levels) protect wetland resources
Instructions for Submitting Abstracts
Abstract Submission Forms available online at: www.wiscwetlands.org/2006CFP.htm
The deadline for submitting abstracts is Monday, November 7, 2005. To have your wetlands work considered for inclusion in this conference, please complete an Abstract Submission Form with a title, short abstract (limit 250 words), and A/V requirements. Electronic copies of abstracts are required – submit your abstract by emailing it to email@example.com. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by December 1, 2005.
Note: We ask that presenters register and pay the appropriate registration fees in order to help cover conference costs. We encourage presenters to register by December 20, 2005 in order to receive the early registration rate. Registration information is now available online at www.wiscwetlands.org/2006forum.htm.
Outreach Programs Director
Stay up to date on wetland issues, events and programs – subscribe to our Wetland Email Network today at www.wiscwetlands.org/alerts.htm